How do I find a family doctor?
If you live in Prince George:
While Northern Health does not maintain a list of doctors accepting new patients, we do offer the following suggestions for finding a family doctor in Prince George:
- The Blue Pine Clinic in Prince George often has information on physicians that are accepting new patients. Their number is 250-596-8100. Please explain your situation to the Clinic, as they may have additional advice.
- Physicians who work at Nechako After Hours Clinic also practice in Prince George and may sometimes be able to take on unattached patients. Ask when receiving medical treatment, do not visit the clinic only to ask about finding a doctor.
- You can also ask family and friends in Prince George, to check if their family care provider would add you to their practice.
If you live outside of Prince George:
- Check our list of NH Primary Care Medical Clinics. If we have one in your community, please call them for information;
- or call HealthLink BC by dialing 8-1-1. HealthLink BC will work with you to determine if there are doctors accepting patients in your community. They will also provide information on Walk-in Clinics;