These guides list public health nutrition resources and displays that can be used by health professionals in their practice with individuals and community partners. These resources reflect general nutrition guidance for healthy populations. Tailored guidance for individuals with specific nutrition requirements are outside of the scope of these resources.
Key Resources for Health Professionals
Northern Health’s Position on Healthy Eating:
Guidelines related to pediatric nutrition:
- NH Infant Toddler Nutrition Guidelines for Health Professionals (PDF)
- PHSA Pediatric Nutrition Guidelines (Six Months to Six Years) for Health Professionals (PDF)
- List of Pediatric Liquid Vitamin D Supplements Available in Northern BC (PDF)
Supports for school nutrition:
- Northern Health Healthy Eating at School
Information on food security:
Several displays are available for use by health professionals and community partners, which include a set of posters that can be put on a bulletin board or tri-fold display board. Recommended client resources to accompany displays are also available. For more information, contact the Population Health Nutrition team at PopHthNutrition@northernhealth.ca or 250-631-4236.
- Canada’s Food Guide & You - Supports adults, teens, and community groups with practical tips for applying Canada’s Food Guide.
- Coaching Kids to Become Good Eaters - Supports parents, guardians, teachers, child care providers, and others to apply positive feeding strategies.
- Feeding Babies Age 6-12 Months - Supports parents, guardians, and care givers with information about feeding older babies.
- What’s for Lunch? Tips for Packing a Healthy Lunch - Supports adults to pack lunches for themselves and/or children.